- Zloty strongest since December, the market awaits moves from MPC
The beginning of another week did not see any significant changes on the zloty market. The Polish currency continues to oscillate around the highest levels since the beginning of the year.
- In Europe, indexes are up on the expectation that the ECB and the Fed will bolster up the economies
On Wednesday, the December Fed meeting report was published. Most members of the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) are of the opinion that it is unlikely that interest rates in the US will be raised before the April meeting, – follows from the Fed minutes.
- WSE places 31 companies on the alert list, 10 companies leave the list
The WSE has announced that it has placed 31 companies on the alert list, six of them for the first time. Ten companies have left the list.
- Warsaw indexes manage to resist the downslide
The morning enthusiasm on stock exchanges, triggered by the results of the stress tests of major European banks published at the weekend, did not last long.
- Optimism vanishes from markets
The Monday trading on Warsaw stock exchange started on a slightly bullish note. However, with each new hour, the chance for a positive outcome of the trading session becomes more and more remote.
- Small falls at high trading volumes
After 80 minutes of trading, the broad market index loses 0.22 percent, WIG20 is down by 0.08 percent, and WIG50 by 0.63 percent. The WIG250 index of small and low-liquidity assets is also trading slightly below the line.